- Login – Employees access the Touch Toolroom by using their employee badge or by entering their employee number.
- Select Item – Users select the item(s) they want, or scans a barcode on a pick sheet along with the quantity desired.
- Get Item – At this point, the crib door can be unlocked by the system and a receipt with bin numbers is printed to assist in locating the items.
Returns:The employee badges in, presses the returns button, a list of items to be returned by that employee will appear, and they select the items to be returned. All transactions are recorded in the AutoCrib® database in real-time.
Optional:A PIN can also be returned as well as prompts to track overhead data like Department Number, Job Number, Customer Number, Tail Number, etc…
Tool Room Automation
You can quickly and easily convert your manual tool crib to a virtual dispensing machine, with AutoCrib® Touch Toolroom. Just designate an existing tool room, tool crib or stores area as a tool crib, using AutoCrib® Software. Install an AutoCrib® Touch Toolroom at the crib window — and now, tool crib attendants or users perform the data entry using a touch screen. After the user selects the desired items, a receipt with bin locations is printed to assist the attendant or user in locating the items within the secured area.
Automate attended or unattended cribs or build a runner system.
- Automate your existing tool room, crib, or store
- Issue/return tools without an attendant
- Capture transaction before unlocking door to crib
- Use at remote locations in a “runner system”
Tool requests at remote locations.
You can also place the Touch Toolroom at various locations or remote work cells throughout a plant to create a “runner system”. Users enter tool or supplies requests at the Touch Toolroom. The central tool crib prints out the order, and issues and delivers the requested tool by a runner (at lower cost), while keeping the operator at his work center.
Access control, cost and usage reporting, plus complete purchasing and receiving system.
Touch Toolroom uses AutoCrib® Software (web-based AutoCrib®.net or client/server software). The software features an Intelligent Dashboard with key metrics visible at a glance on one screen. Over 200 reports are pre-loaded.