Vertical Lift Module (VLM) Features
AUTOMATED STORAGE & RETRIEVAL (ASRS)
Vertical Storage systems automate the storage and retrieval of parts. This lets you reclaim 30-80% of floor space and integrates a “goods-to-person” workflow that offers a sustainable 20-40% increase in picking productivity.
- Reclaim up to 80% of floor space
- Automate and control parts storage in your storeroom with simple controls
- Retrieve stored parts quickly (up to 180 ft. per minute)
Intuitive easy to learn controls let you select products by tray, part number or description. This makes it easy for temporary employees to “hit the ground running” without having to memorize where to find the items they need. Have the machine automatically retrieve your pick lists and kitting queues in order.
HIGH DENSITY STORAGE SYSTEM
Traditional shelving units occupy very valuable floor space and only use a small fraction of the usable space for storage. A vertical lift storage system turns overhead airspace into usable easy to access storage space. The AutoCrib® VLM SPSS offers a maximum capacity of 800 cubic feet for storage. You can reclaim 30-80% of your floor space! You can have up to 500 lbs. per tray in an enclosed secure location.
The AutoCrib® VLM SPSS Vertical Lift Module delivers modern high-density storage technology at a price-tag affordable for all businesses large and small. We proudly offer a quality product that’s fully featured for your storage needs and manufactured in the USA. Product warranties cover a full year, with extended warranties available with service agreement.
The AutoCrib® VLM SPSS Vertical Lift Module (VLM) features a workstation and unit designed ergonomically, to eliminate pain and overextension for employee pickers and operators. Height and placement of all access points is selected with safety in mind. It’s completely enclosed storage space reduces risk of falling parts, avoiding injury as a result of shelving collapses and strained carrying of parts. Also, the automated control system itself interlocks for employee and product safety.
Vertical Lift Module (VLM) Specifications
- Incoming Power Requirement 208-240 VAC, 3 Phase, 60 HZ, 20 Amp Service Required
- Machine Footprint 69″ X 99″
- Machine Height 12′-6″ to 40′ in 6″ increments
Storage Tray Dimensions:
- Depth 26.5″ x Width 56″ x Height 2″
- Load Capacity 500 lbs
- Shelf Spacing 4″ – 28″, 1″ center adjustable (standard) 11″ – 35″ (special)
- Lift Drive Motor 3 HP AC Motor, Electric / Mechanical Brake & High Resolution Encoder
- Speed 150 FPM (standard) – up to 180 FPM (maximum)
- Lift Cables (two) 1/4″ Wire Rope, IWRC, load capacity 6,800 lbs. each
- Extractor Motor 1/4 HP DC Motor, Dynamic Brake
- Tray Extractor Patented Full-Width Extracting Method
The Standard SPSS Unit will ship as follows:
- Welded, modular base unit-69″ wide x 99″ deep x 76″ high
- Skid with upper frames and skins
- Lot of miscellaneous components, hardware, touch-up paint, installation and maintenance manuals
- Lot of trays on skids
- Modular Control System and Drive
- Displays Sensor Status
- Control Built with Standard Commercial Parts
- PC Style Keyboard Interface
- Menu Driven Functions
- Retrieve by Part Number
- Interface to Control Security
- Context Sensitive Help Screen with Easy to Use Diagnostics Display
- Multiple Indicators for Switches and Sensors
- Display Machine Status
- Helps Resolve Errors
- Provides Manual Motor Control
- “Smart” System Learns Machine Configuration
- Host and Peripheral Interface
- Location Locking
- Built-in Parts Database
- Automated Pick List and Kitting Queues
- Store and Retrieve By
- Part Number
Inventory Control Software
AutoCrib offers an optional inventory control software package for applications requiring inventory control, communication to host, connection to peripheral hardware or control of multiple machines. This software is user-friendly with broad capabilities at a very reasonable price. Top features of the inventory control software include:
- User friendly setup and operator interface.
- Graphical display of tray layout and pick location on the tray.
- Picture display and database of individual parts to be picked or stocked.
- Capability of downloading order information from host for processing orders & stock replenishment.
- Communicates order completion and shortage information back to the host.
- Order picking and replenishment selection based on FIFO.
- Multiple orders can be picked or replenished at once greatly improving operator efficiency and pick times.
- Allows hot picking and replenishment in the middle of an order or orders.
- Software determines the most efficient sequence of picking or replenishment of orders.
- Software tracks all available space within the machine eliminating need to search for a space for new parts. Software maximizes usage of space by selecting proper height location. Space within the VLM can be dedicated or random.
- Graphical display of all trays in a machine and percentage full indicator.
- Order kitting.
- Weigh scale counting.
- Inventory Reports – Full compliment of standard or custom reports are available.
- ABC Cycle counting of inventory.
- Security control of each user’s access to inventory and software features.
Optional Peripheral Hardware
- Bar Code Scanners used for verifying picks or creating orders.
- Electronic Pick and Put Displays to improve accuracy of picking and putting into order containers.
- Printers for barcode labels and reports.
- Touch screen monitor to eliminate need for mouse pointing.
- Weigh scale inputs can be used for part counting by weight.
- Digital Camera input can be used to create picture display of SKUs.
- Tray Overhang Optics – Stops platform motion if tray / product is detected in the path of travel.
- Shelf Occupancy – Confirms empty shelf location before inserting tray into assigned location.
- Product Overheight Protection – Senses for products too high for assigned tray, before vertical movement.
- Optical Workstation Curtain – Monitors entrance into workstation for obstructions during movement.
- Slack Cable Switch – Senses for slack platform cables during movement.
- Side Service Door Interlock – Monitors side service door for opening while the system is in operation.
- Lockout Tag and Disconnect – Disconnect handle can be locked out for system service.
- Emergency Stop Pushbutton – Red mushroom head pushbutton.
- Storage volumes up to 800 cu. ft.
- Stand alone, side-by-side or back-to-back installations
- Patented full-width extraction method
- Patented positive positioning system
- Cable hoist has smooth and quiet operation
- Cable hoist eliminates chain wear and maintenance
- Fully enclosed storage system
- Increased productivity
- Decreased inventory shrinkage
- Reduced labor costs
- Short payback period
- Proven reliability
- Low maintenance
Vertical Lift Module – VLM System Applications
Automated Vertical Lift Module
There are multiple areas within a facility that can benefit from the increased productivity, space savings, and security provided by a VLM (Vertical Lift Modules) storage solution. Here are a few Vertical Lift Module (VLM) applications to consider for your organization:
- Small Part Storage – Bench Stock, Fasteners, SMD Parts
- Large Part Storage – Heavy Parts, Semi-Finished Goods, Raw Material
- Maintenance – MRO, OEM Spare Parts, Critical Spare Parts
- Logistics – Order Pricking, Order Fulfillment, Customer Returns, Buffer Storage
- Tool Control – Power Tools, Tool Holders, Kits, Test Equipment, CTKs
- Office – Information Storage (Files, CDs, Books, Film, etc…)
- Medical – Medication Storage, Lab Storage, Uniforms
- Military/DOD – Weapons, Gear, Helmets, Flight Recorders, Parachutes, Mobility Bags, Base Supplies
Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO)
The VLM180 SPSS vertical lift storage system is ideal for MRO maintenance and spare part inventory. Imagine how much more efficient your MRO storeroom will be when it’s organized, stored, and managed with this automated storage system. Using the goods-to-person system inventory is moved directly to the operator.
- Improved inventory accountability
- Improved the inventory accuracy of supply counts
- Control access to valuable tools
- Complete organization of MRO inventory
- Increase maintenance technician utilization
- Reduce unplanned equipment downtime
Work in Process (WIP)
Vertical storage systems are found in a wide variety of manufacturing environments for work in process (WIP) storage. Automated vertical storage creates an efficient work flow because employees can spend less time picking parts and more time on the job.
- Reducing time labor required to pick and pull parts
- Elimination of down time due to restocking
- Loss prevention with controlled inventory
- More accurate inventory management
- Ergonomically enhanced work environment with fewer injuries
- Tremendous facility space savings
- Lean Manufacturing / Point of Use
- Order Fulfillment
- Reel Storage
- Tool Storage
- Tooling Storage
- Controlled Access
- High Value Goods
- Restricted Access
Nearly every industry sector can benefit from vertical storage systems!
- Aerospace & Airlines
- Automated Manufacturing
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Beverage & Brewing
- Consumer Goods
- Defense Contractors
- Electronics & Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Food Processing
- Hospital Logistics
- Logistics Centers
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Metal Engineering
- Military & DOD
- Oil & Gas
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Pharmacy Automation
- Printing & Packaging
- Retail Distribution
- Telecommunication Services
- Textile & Apparel
- Tool, Die and Mold Manufacturing
- Transportation & Railroads
- Warehouse & Distribution
What is a Vertical Lift Module?
Are you considering buying a Vertical Lift Module (VLM) solution? To help you in your decision we have provided some basic information to help you in understanding their specific application in your manufacturing facility or warehouse.
Vertical Lift Modules or VLMs as they are commonly called are designed to optimize your facility’s layout by taking advantage of unused overhead space. VLM systems have towers of stationary trays on vertical racking with an automated robotic extractor device in the center. The operator simply selects the items they want with the touchscreen. Items are automatically retrieved and delivered to the ergonomically positioned access window for the operator.
Vertical lift modules are significantly different from a vertical carousel system that rotates inventory shelves in a closed-loop. Vertical lift modules have essentially all but replaced vertical carousel systems because of a number of inherent advantages over the vertical carousel.
Advantages of Vertical Lift Modules vs. Vertical Carousel
- Only the shelf requested is moved.
- You don’t need carefully distributed load balancing.
- Scalable design from floor-to-ceiling.
- Shelving is stationary and doesn’t rotate.
- Larger shelf dimensions for height and width.
- Allows for mixed height shelving.
- Less drive components and motor horsepower required.
- Less mechanical complexity.
Carousels operate similarly to vertical carousels with many of the same limitations, except the shelving rotates horizontally. Horizontal carousels are used when automated storage is desired but vertical space is not available. Also, because they have shelving arranged in fixed columns like traditional fixed shelving they often have same limitations and poor ergonomics of conventional rack shelving.
Why Buy A VLM System
Vertical Lift Module
The Most Affordable Vertical Storage System with the Best ROI
The VLM180 SPSS provides unbeatable value and super-fast implementations. It’s the affordable alternative to other expensive VLM systems on the market.
How did you make this VLM solution for such a low price?
The answer is surprisingly simple. This system doesn’t focus on edge cases with features only useful to a small subset of customers. About 80% of clients will have all needs fulfilled with the VLM180 SPSS vertical storage solution. We focus on features that will dramatically increase your operational effectiveness with measurable real-world results. The first step in choosing the right VLM solution is knowing the needs of your company.
Competitive Advantage: Short Lead Times
How much do you value your time? Lead time can be an extremely important factor when your company has a tight schedule or a new facility that’s been sitting empty. We can deliver and install an automated VLM storage solution before most other companies give you a quote.
VLM Storage Made Easy
VLM storage is the logical choice for flexibility and efficient storage space. The VLM180 vertical lift module provides more storage capacity compared to standard shelving and automatically retrieves trays with the stored items to the ergonomic access window. This VLM system can meet your exact storage needs for more cost-effective floor space usage and increase worker productivity with automation.
Floor Space Savings
Immediately increase your manufacturing and storage capacity without costly renovations or moving to a new facility. Why pay for additional off-site square footage when you can reclaim up to 80% of your existing floor space at a fraction of the cost using a VLM storage system.
VLM storage systems have a measurable impact that will “move the dial” when you need to find more floor space. If your need more floor space for manufacturing this could be your ideal solution. Avoid costly and time-consuming facility moves by maximizing the use of your existing floor space. A vertical storage system is the answer to your limited floor space problem.
A less painful alternative to moving
Whether you need more floor space or more productivity, the VLM180 offers the perfect solution to fit your budget. All AutoCrib® systems are engineered with the needs of industrial manufactures in mind. Modular components easily adapt to your evolving needs providing the flexibility you need. Our VLM storage solutions can be placed in the existing layout of your facility, matching your height requirements from floor to ceiling.
Vertical lift modules (VLM) are your best solution to fully utilize your existing overhead space so you can operate more profitably and more efficiently. You gain valuable floor space for manufacturing or storage at a fraction of the cost of new building construction or leasing. By expanding upwards rather than outwards, you can significantly grow your manufacturing operations with minimal costs per square foot.
ASRS Systems Automated Storage
Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS) are systems with rack shelving storage for items, automated equipment for retrieving inventory, and software to make everything work together as a complete system. Vertical Lift Module (VLM) systems have towers of stationary trays on vertical racking with an automated extractor device in the center. VLM systems are ideal for a wide-variety of applications including boxes, totes, bins, and even individual items.
No Repackaging or Special Bins
Vertical lift storage systems are very flexible inventory systems. No repackaging required. You don’t need any special bins or product carriers. You can use your existing boxes, totes, and bins!
Goods to Person
Eliminate the need for workers to travel up and down shelving looking for the right item. Bring work to the worker using the goods to person picking system. The vertical lift system will automatically retrieve items for the operator at the push of a button and deliver them to an ergonomically correct workstation.
Reduce Floor Space 30-80%
Create space for your value added activities. Vertical lift storage solutions provide floor to ceiling storage that completely utilizes your existing warehousing space.
Reduce Picking Time
Improve picking productivity 20-40% without added labor. Vertical lift storage systems automatically deliver items quickly with little opportunity for incorrect picking.
Eliminate Walk and Search Time
Traditional shelving makes employees feel blindfolded and lost in a supermarket grocery store. Using VLM systems the right items are delivered automatically to a well-lighted ergonomic work-counter.
Vertical Lift Storage
VLM Solutions for Small Parts Storage
Reclaim your valuable floor space while keeping your small parts storage accessible and organized. The AutoCrib® VLM vertical lift module uses high-density storage and takes advantage of vertical space above your floor. A single system alone can save over 1,400 square feet of floor space in your production facility, warehouse or distribution center. The base of the AutoCrib® VLM small parts storage system (SPSS) unit requires only 47 square feet on the floor but allows for up to 800 cubic feet of total storage volume. An average user can recover 30-80% of floor space!
Stop long walks around the warehouse and scavenger hunts for inventory. Your pick rates can be increased significantly by 20-40% with goods-to-person systems. VLM storage solutions are fully automated and bring inventory to the user. This means inventory can be retrieved quickly and routed in sequence to your order pickers.
Unlike vertical carousel systems and horizontal carousel systems which move all items at once. VLM systems have items stored in trays that remain stationary on shelves until an operator calls for that specific tray. This eliminates unnecessary handling and potential load-balancing problems. Plus, you have a significantly lower power bill from the energy savings!
Floor Space Savings
Your organization can directly impact the bottom line by improving the efficiency of your existing warehouse floor space. Leasing warehouse space or moving your facility is very expensive. Vertical lift storage systems can reclaim 30-80% of your floor space. This provides more floor space for value-added activities and eliminates the need for expensive construction.
Reduced Labor Costs
Inventory items are automatically delivered to the operator with goods-to-person picking, eliminating wasted walk and search time.
Item trays are delivered to the operator at an ergonomically correct workstation. There is no need for employees to bend, reach, climb stairs/ ladders, or operate forklifts. Users can simply push a button to get any item they need.
Security and Accountability
Vertical lift modules control access to items and monitor employee transactions. Enclosed storage protected inventory items and the system can be physically locked.
VLM (Vertical Lift Modules)
Every industry with high-volumes of parts, components, or tools understands floor space is premium real estate. The AutoCrib® VLM vertical lift module is designed to optimize your facility’s layout by taking advantage of unused overhead space. Items are automatically retrieved and delivered to the ergonomically positioned access window for the user.
The result: You get the maximum utilization of floor space with minimal labor required for retrieval. See a sustainable 20-40% increase in picking productivity and up to an 80% increase in reclaimed floor space.
The VLM180 is easy to implement, practical, affordable, built on proven technology, and will provide years of trouble-free service.
Vertical Lift Modules (VLMs) are widely used in manufacturing facilities and warehouses to reduce the amount of valuable floor space required for inventory storage. This provides more space for revenue-generating activities and may even eliminate the need to relocate your facility due to tight space limitations.
Vertical lift storage systems have towers of stationary trays on vertical racking with an automated robotic extractor device in the center. The racking is assembled vertically in modules from floor-to-ceiling maximizing all of your available space.
This automated storage system uses proven goods-to-person technology to retrieve inventory items for you automatically. What previously took 15 to 30 minutes to find… may take less than 1 minute with automation. All supplies are entered into an automated, computerized inventory management system. It’s easy to search for what you need by item or by shelf.
Vertical lift storage solutions provide employee accountability for inventory with advanced permissions-based access controls. This lets you decide what items or spending limits employees or departments have available. You can track individual warehouse transactions to specific employees, departments, and cost centers.
Reclaim valuable floor space and increase your productivity using VLM (Vertical Lift Module) technology for inventory storage. Vertical lift modules are secure enclosed systems with an automated lift system that delivers trays of items to the operator at an ergonomically correct workstation.
The VLM system provides greater flexibility and storage space than standard shelving. It’s ideal for storage of small parts, bins of items, and large bulky items that wouldn’t normally fit in other automated storage solutions.
Vertical lift modules allow a large inventory of goods to be stored with less floor space and still be quickly accessible for picking. During order fulfillment process, users select the desired products and the VLM system automatically retrieves the products and delivers them to the operator. VLM systems eliminate unnecessary user handling steps and movement.
Vertical lift systems can be built to match your available overhead space in your facility. Multiple vertical lift module systems can be placed where a single operator can retrieve items from one unit while the other units are moving. Further reducing picking times and labor required for operation. Unlike other large ASRS systems that require a complete overhaul of the warehouse or production area VLM systems are modularized and easy to implement. This means you can easily integrate into an existing system or gradually expand your automated storage solution over different phases.
Your small parts inventory will be secured, accessible, and organized. Your otherwise wasted space is eliminated providing you space for value-added operations.
- Reclaim Significant Floor Space
- Reduce Labor Costs
- Security and Employee Accountability for Inventory
- Worker Safety Reduction of Injuries
- Order Picking Accuracy
- Modular Height
- Easy to Learn and Use
- No Repackaging Required
- Enclosed Inventory Stays Cleaner
- AutoCrib® Industrial Vending Integration
VLM (Vertical Lift Modules)
Vertical Lift Modules are automated parts storage machines that maximize storage floor space and increase revenue generating activities for manufacturing. It’s called a vertical lift because it has an automated lift retrieval system that moves trays to the workstation. Unlike a vertical carousel that rotates trays, a vertical lift module has trays that remain stationary on vertically arranged racks.
You can select the stored parts using the touchscreen or scan of a barcode and the vertical lift modules will automatically retrieve the items for you at an ergonomic work counter. This makes it easy to pick parts and items and optimize your warehouse space with deep storage that’s secure and enclosed. These automated parts storage machines can store your inventory with 30-80% less floor space, because they store parts vertically and eliminate the need for typical warehouse aisle space. You maximize cube utilization by converting unused overhead space into productive storage space.
Your workers can be more productive because you eliminate travel and search time. You will see a 20-40% increase in picking productivity using vertical lift modules vs traditional shelving. You can also reduce your labor costs because a single operator can manage multiple vertical lift storage systems at the same time to significantly reduce picking times.
- You save valuable floor space for revenue generating activities.
- Prevent the need for costly building expansions or offsite storage facilities.
- Employee Accountability for Inventory
- You reduce labor costs and increase worker productivity.
- You create a safe and ergonomic work environment.
- Fast return on your investment.
- Stores a wide range of parts sizes
- Enclosed storage keeps inventory secure and clean.
- Streamline the flow of materials and eliminate bottlenecks.
- No Repackaging Required
- AutoCrib® industrial vending integration.
Vertical Lift Storage Systems
The AutoCrib® VLM automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) is an economical solution for high-density vertical storage. Make the best use of every square foot of your manufacturing floor space with vertical storage. Reclaim 30-80% of your floor space!
- VLM systems can be built as low as 12.6ft or as high as 40ft!
- Height can be chosen in 6in increments for floor-to-ceiling space utilization.
- Can be adapted to new locations by adding or removing modules.
- Recover 30-80% of your floor space!
- Deep storage space with visibility of every item.
- Vertical lift module system requires only 47 square feet.
- Save up to 1,400 square feet per VLM system compared to traditional shelving.
- Up to 800 cubic feet of storage volume.
- Heavy-duty shelving withstands up to 500lbs of inventory per shelf!
- Use your existing bins, containers, and totes.
- Have inventory come to you!
- 20-40% increase in picking productivity.
- Workers don’t have to spend time walking the aisles or locating items.
- All items are easy to see in a well-lighted area.
Reduce Workplace Injuries
- Enclosed storage reduces danger of objects falling on employees.
- Ergonomically correct workstation.
- No need for employees to bend down or reach up.
- No forklifts or climbing ladders required.
- Control access by employee or department.
- Control access to specific trays or items.
- Easy to monitor “choke point” for surveillance.
- Lockable access doorway.
Why Warehouse Rack Systems Waste Your Space.
Floor space is a fundamental necessity for manufacturing. If you don’t have floor space in manufacturing than you don’t have space to increase production or grow the company. Many manufactures are shocked to see up to 80% of warehouse or tool crib storage space is wasted or empty. Here are 5 ways your valuable floor space is wasted by using warehouse rack shelving:
1. Fixed-Height Shelving.
When you have fixed height shelving most of the space in-between the item and the next shelf is empty air space.
2. Unoccupied deep shelving.
When you have a shelf that is too deep the items and bins are up-front and all of the space behind them is empty.
3. Shelving that doesn’t go floor-to-ceiling.
Often even though manufactures have high ceiling clearance standard shelving doesn’t go up high enough to use all of the space available.
4. Empty aisles between shelving.
Most shelving setups have a significant amount of empty aisle space.
5. Employees can’t find or immediately get to items.
Difficult to inventory shelving means obsolete inventory. This requires space for storage and ties up your cash flow!
How to solve your storage space problem:
Vertical lift modules (VLM) the ideal solution to fully utilize your existing overhead space so you can operate more profitably. It’s fraction of the cost of new building construction or leasing! By expanding upwards rather than outwards, you can significantly grow manufacturing at minimal costs per square foot.
What is a vertical lift module?
Vertical Lift Module or VLM is a “goods to person” automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS). They have a series of trays are stored vertically on stationary racks. They have a shuttle device running in the center that retrieves the trays and delivers them the operator at an ergonomically positioned work counter.
You can optimize your warehouse space using vertical lift modules.
They use vertical space instead of spreading out horizontally like rack shelf on the warehouse floor. This means they can save up to 80% of your floor space vs. traditional warehouse rack systems. Vertical lift storage systems are also very secure because your inventory is enclosed and you can control employee access to the machine by department, employee, and item.
Vertical lift module solutions are very simple and intuitive.
The operator selects the desired product on the touch screen and the vertical shuttle automatically moves to the level the shelf is located, it retrieves the corresponding tray and carries the tray to the ergonomically correct workstation. Unlike a vertical carousel system the mechanics are simplified and trays don’t rotate in a closed loop. This also allows for loads of different heights to be stored in the same unit.
Vertical lift solutions are flexible and responsive.
Things often change. If you require a system that needs flexibility than a vertical lift system is your ideal solution. Unlike other systems that will only allow very specific product dimensions or uniform bin sizes. Vertical lift module systems have the ability to reconfigure to a wide-range of products, boxes, bins, and totes. This provides you with more flexibility for your often changing storage needs.
Vertical lift modules feature modular construction that allows the location, height and configuration to be easily modified. It’s adaptable as business processes and storage needs change.
Single picking point, for faster picking.
This easy-to-operate system uses modern computer-based technology to organize your storage and provide a single picking point for fast and efficient order picking. This means users can select items on a touch screen and have them quickly delivered to a safe, well-lighted, comfortable work environment without having to search for item locations.
Vertical Lift Storage Benefits:
- Floor Space Savings – Store more in less space!
- Employee Accountability for Inventory
- Monitoring Inventory Levels
- Increased Productivity and Labor Savings
- Ergonomic Design
- Secure Enclosed Storage
- Increased Picking Speed and Accuracy
Small Parts Storage
Vertical Lift Storage Modules (VLSM)
Vertical Lift Storage Modules (VLSM) or Vertical Lift Modules (VLM) are point-of-use storage systems with vertically arranged trays with an automated shuttle extractor device in the center. Using the “goods to person” or “product to operator” principle, stored items are automatically delivered to the operator at an ergonomic workstation. The vertical lift storage system brings parts to the operator on heavy-duty storage trays.
Saves floor space for value-added manufacturing.
The vertical lift storage system turns your otherwise wasted overhead air space into useful storage space. Because the footprint of the storage system is small this can free up a significant amount of floor space for other activities. You can save up to 80% of your floor space vs. traditional rack shelving. Improve your efficiency for storage, retrieval and distribution of your parts inventory.
Optimized storage density.
The height of every shelf can be assigned by the user. The smallest storage spacing is achievable using a vertical lift module because trays are retrieved automatically. All stored goods are measured automatically with a light curtain to detect products taller than the shelf.
Flexible storage strategy.
The modular design of vertical storage systems ensures almost unlimited flexibility. Because the trays can be spaced and arranged in a variety of different ways you have a lot of flexibility if you decide to change the items you want in the system. You can dispense boxes, bins, totes, individual products. Vertical lift systems don’t require uniform product dimensions. This means you have the flexibility to dispense almost any type of item efficiently.
Automated Parts Storage Machines
The AutoCrib® VLM vertical lift module system is an automatic vertical storage system designed to optimize your warehouse space and increase worker productivity. This is the ideal solution for problems concerning inventory management, and increasing the amount of your usable floor space. This is a revolutionary system for automatic order pricking based on the goods-to-person principle.
What is a VLM systems?
VLM systems have vertically arranged trays in an enclosed system. Computerized controls allow the operator to select items and have the stored parts automatically delivered to an ergonomic work counter. The automated storage system will locate and retrieve any item in the machine increasing efficiency and productivity with reduced errors. Industrial vertical lift modules are commonly used in tool cribs, warehouses, factory floors, machine ships, parts departments, assembly cells, etc…
Why Vertical Lift Storage?
The main reason for justifying the investment in vertical lift modules is to free up valuable existing floor space for value-added activities. Because vertical lift modules store inventory vertically, they convert your otherwise unused overhead space into productive storage space. They can store the same amount of parts and inventory as traditional shelving in up to 80% less floor space.
Increase warehouse storage space
Vertical lift storage saves floor space, allowing users to either store more inventory with less warehouse space or free up floor space for more profitable value-added activities.
Through quick and easy picking operations, inventory is retrieved and brought to the operator automatically. Since, items within the vertical lift module are delivered to the user, this eliminates time spent walking rows of shelving to locate and retrieve items. Items are pricked with greater speed and accuracy.
Improve inventory control
Automated computer-based controls and powerful inventory management software generates actionable inventory reports and reduces inventory errors.
Inventory is delivered to the operator at an ergonomic workstation.
Enhance inventory security
Enclosed storage secures inventory. Locking doors and advanced user permissions provides you with significantly increased inventory control.
Automated Vertical Warehouse
The AutoCrib® VLM vertical lift module is an automated storage solution that significantly increases your profits using less floor space. The performance of your tool crib or warehouse storage area can be increased by using floor space more efficiently and reducing operational costs of managing and picking inventory orders.
VLM machines improve order picking with automation and reduce floor space.
Vertical lift modules (VLM) are enclosed automated inventory storage systems. They save floor space and improve order pricking while storing your inventory securely. VLM storage systems have vertically arranged trays that remain stationary and have an extractor device placed in the center. The operator selects the items and the VLM system automatically delivers the trays with the stored items to operator at an ergonomically positioned workstation.
VLM Storage Systems are simple and powerful.
The AutoCrib® VLM vertical storage lift has a simple design with incredibly engineering. This inventory system allows for a large inventory of goods to be accessed to be accessed quickly by order pickers and with high level of worker safety.
Vertical storage lifts are easy to use.
Using vertical automated storage during order fulfilment, the operator doesn’t have to perform any labor-intensive activities. Less time is spent walking to locations and retrieving items. More time is spent on real work. At the touch of a button or scan of a barcode the operator has the inventory delivered to them. Every transaction is electronically lodged into the inventory management software with advanced inventory reporting.
Automated vertical warehouse.
The vertical lift modules are really flexible with variety of heights and tray configurations. They can be designed to fulfill any number of storage requirements. Because they are modular and self-contained installation is fast and doesn’t require any major overhaul. You can use the entire height of your existing warehouse. This saves a considerable about of money compared to new building construction.
Vertical Storage Lifts
Vertical storage systems take full advantage of your overhead space and reclaim your floor space for value-added activities. Automated storage makes order pricking faster and works according to the convenient principle of goods-to-person. Items are automatically delivered to the operator at an ergonomically correct workstation.
Vertical Lift Module Benefits:
- Space Utilization – Reduce floor space up to 80%
- No more walking around the warehouse looking for small parts.
- Improved min/max inventory management.
- Reduce operational costs and labor costs.
- Increased visibility and accessibility.
- Keep inventory more organized.
- Enclosed inventory is more secure and protected.
- Employee accountability. Full traceability
- Module based system can scale with your needs.
- Ergonomic workstation.
- Reduced maintenance with less moving parts.
- Industrial Vending Integration.
- Enclosed inventory is more secure and protected.
- Minimize unnecessary operator movement.
- Stores a wide range of part sizes from small to large.
Vertical Lift Storage Systems
AutoCrib® manufactures the broadest line of purpose-built industrial vending machines in the world. The AutoCrib® Vertical Lift Module (VLM) automated storage and retrieval system for material handling was developed to reclaim your floor space, manage inventory, increase operation efficiency, and reduce labor costs. This VLM storage system is fully integrated with AutoCrib® industrial vending software.
This automated storage system will let you reclaim your floor space worth a great deal of money and allow you to grow your business without having to move your company or lease expensive warehouse space. Vertical lift modules use the existing vertical height in your storage facility leaving valuable floor space for value-added activities for manufacturing.
Vertical Lift Module Pricing
Traditionally automated storage systems have pricing out of reach for many manufactures. The AutoCrib® vertical lift module system pricing is very affordable and thousands less than competitive machines on the market. Our manufacturing capability, mechanically simple design, modular base assembly, and patented full-bar extractor device allow us to significantly reduce total costs.
High Density Storage That’s Easy to Use!
The AutoCrib® vertical lift module system provides automated high density storage. Using the “goods-to-person” system operators can select items and have the items automatically delivered at an ergonomically correct workstation. You can use this machine from day one with minimal training.
- Login with ID card or keypad.
- Select the items you want.
- Press the issue button.
No need to memorize shelf or bin locations. You can also issue items using the hand-held barcode scanner. This machine is point-and-click simple!
More Machines More Productivity
Vertical lift modules are sized to match your available overhead space in your manufacturing facility. You can place multiple vertical lift module systems next to each other so a single operator can retrieve items from one unit while the other units are moving. This significantly reduces picking times and labor costs!
- Reclaim up to 80% of floor space
- Employee accountability for inventory
- Reducing travel time improves picking productivity
- AutoCrib® Integration
- Easy to Learn and Use